This is a simple or even a silly question, but still I want to know.
How do you attach your a custom made Pan Gear to the Centre Shaft that carries the Rig and the Shaft to the Picavet. I found bit difficult while doing mine. They have to be very tight, to produce a Pan motion.
I found easier to to attach the Shaft with the Picavet as many did, but found bit difficult with my Pan Gear to get attached firmly to the Centre Shaft.
To answer the question the following pics show how the pan gear is fitted on a variety of rigs:
1.Drive gear on servo mounting plate fixed to rig in contact with driven gear.
2. Home made gear guide from 2 x L pieces.
3. Spacers and lock nuts to secure driven gear at required height.
4. Pendulum mount method.
6. 2 methods of using 360 servos. Left: direct to servo suspension. Right : geared.
7. Panoramic rig using geared pan drive on BBGG.
7. Picavet cross attachment, a lock nut is used to prevent slipping.
8. Pan axle at bottom end. The bolt head is washered, nylon is best.